History

History

The Anse La Raye R.C. Primary School was established as a Catholic church based institution in 1906 with an enrollment of thirty-eight (38) pupils, a Head Teacher and a teacher.  The school building was located on the church property.  The school has been in existence for over a century has evolved into a modern day learning institution in which had achieved an enrollment of three hundred (300) students in the 1970’s.  In recent years there has been a significant reduction in the school enrollment.  The school has had a long religious tradition with the Parish Priest serving as the Manager.

In 1980, following the passage of Hurricane Allen, the wooden building where the R.C Infant School was located was completely demolished resulting in both schools having to share the primary school building through a shift system.  In 1983 the primary school was relocated to new premises due to the construction of a new structure under the Hess School Rehabilitation Programme.

In 1969 the school obtained a school log, a motto and an anthem.  The lyrics of the anthem was written by the then principal Mr Dennis Griffith.  Randolph Beckles the then Royal St. Lucia Police Band Leader arranged the music for  the school’s anthem.

The school has over the years maintained a balanced curriculum both in the academic and non academic areas.  In this regard the school has aspired to promote both its vision and mission.